Experience and Qualifications
- Our Company
- Our company, Distribution-Publications, Inc. (DPI), was established in 1975 as a publisher of ocean and intermodal freight tariffs. During our early years in business, we developed innovative joint ICC/FMC intermodal tariffs. Since 1984, we have focused our efforts on helping clients comply with US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) regulations. The Ocean Shipping Reform Act of 1998 gave us new opportunities to publish tariffs on our web site at www.dpiusa.com. As a consultant, we provide expert assistance on FMC tariffs, service contract regulations, FMC audits, and the licensing requirements for Ocean Transportation Intermediaries (OTIs). We have helped hundreds of companies obtain their FMC licenses. Now in our 41st year of operation, we are dedicated to providing our clients with outstanding support for all their FMC regulatory compliance requirements.
- Our Clients
- DPI serves a wide range of ocean carriers, forwarders, ports, NVOCCs, shippers and maritime attorneys. Superior communications skills enable DPI to provide its service to clients around the world. Well-known clients include:
- American Independent Shipping Company
- Freight Systems (UAE)
- Hecny Shipping Limited
- Kerry Logistics
- Kintetsu World Express
- Marubeni Logistics Corp
- Pasha Hawaii
- Ports of Long Beach and Oakland, California
- Toll Global Forwarding (Hong Kong) Limited
- Yusen Logistics
Our clients rely on us to maintain and update their FMC tariffs and for consultation on FMC regulations. See our FMC Organization Records page for general information, including contact information, for each of the ocean carriers, NVOCCs and marine terminal operators whose FMC tariffs are maintained for public access on our web site at www.dpiusa.com.
- Our personnel
- DPI is managed by our President, James E. Devine, Jr., who joined DPI in 1993, after working for two ocean carriers and for the New York Journal of Commerce. Mr. Devine is a certified FMC Practitioner since 1995. He has testified in U.S. federal courts as an expert witness on FMC tariff regulations. Our staff includes our Publishing Manger, Contracts Manager, Licensing Manager and IT Manager, and other experienced and multilingual personnel who are dedicated to helping our clients understand and comply with FMC regulations.
- Our Technology
We continually upgrade our systems to take advantage of new technologies. Our tariff database and web server applications are based on technology licensed from Oracle, the world's second largest software company, and the leading supplier of software for enterprise information management. Database Specialists, a nationwide provider of Oracle database administration services, provides DPI with Oracle expertise and support. All tariffs published by DPI on behalf of its clients are maintained on secure systems at DPI's offices in Oakland, CA.
Internet accessibility for DPI's e-mail servers, tariff databases and web server is provided by AT&T and Comcast Corporation. AT&T provides us with unsurpassed expertise and global reach on one of the world's largest and most reliable IP backbone networks. Comcast provides redundancy and helps us maintain responsiveness during peak network traffic periods. PC Professional, a Microsoft certified partner, is a computer networking and information technology consulting company based in Oakland, CA. PC Professional provides DPI with personalized IT support and proactive monitoring of our network system. DPI's policies, procedures, and technical systems that store, process and/or transmit cardholder data perform the required procedures to validate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the best practices designed to protect merchants and consumers from data security breaches and fraud. Click the icon below for more information.